Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Introducing our two new baby girls

Well I know that everyone has been waiting on me so patiently to post a few pictures of the twins. These last couple of weeks have been extremely hectic and now that they are 17 days old, I finally found a few moments to update the blog.
I came down to a doctor's appt.17 days ago on July 21 and have not been home since, Dr. Horsley( who is not my regular OB but was filling in for my doctor who was on vacation -just my luck) decided it was in my best interest and the babies best interest that we have a C-section. Bailee was having a few complications, as well as me. I was thinking when he told me I needed a C-section that we would make an appt. and come back in a day or two and have our babies, but NO before we knew it I was on the operating table, and my babies were here. Bailee Jo was born first at 6:12 pm weighing 2 lbs. 12 oz. measuring 15 1/2 inches long. Then came Berklee Brin at 6:14 weighing 3 lbs. 13 oz. and measuring 16 1/2 inches long. Even though both babies were born extremely small and premature, they are little fighters. They have both been in the NICU since birth-keeping me extremely busy but have done extremely well, only needing oxygen and IV's for a the first few days. They are both learning to eat from a bottle and aregrowing every day. Last night Bailee weighed 3.2 lbs. and Berklee weighed 4.2 lbs.Their doctor told me the expect them to be in the NICU for 5 weeks, but it all just depends on how well they are doing. They both have to be able to eat all of their meals from a bottle, and not need to be fed through their NG tube. As of right now they are only eating 3 out of 8 meals a day from a nipple. Berklee did get bumped today to eating every other meal from a bottle, so we will see how that goes. It is so much fun being a mommy. It's crazy how they already have such cute personalities. They have both Bryant and I wrapped around their little fingers. Here are a few pictures of my sweet babies.

Bailee

Bailee

Berklee

Berklee


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are ADORABLE and look so good! Congrats!!! They are so sweet, I just want to hold them and kiss them!!!

Tosha said...

Jodi! They are so beautiful and soooooo tiny! Dr. Horsley is my doctor and I love him! I hope you had a good experience with him! Congratulations! I am so happy they are here and all three of you are doing well!

Jodi said...

I love the pictures. They are so darn cute. Can't wait to come down and see them again.

Shawn and Ashley Oram said...

Congrats Jodi! Are they at Portneuf? If they are I live across the street and you are welcome to come over and relax or stay if you want to stay close to your little angels. I really mean it!

Trina said...

Congratulations Jodi! They are beautiful babies. I can't wait to meet them! I hope you get to bring them home as soon as possible!

Tiffani Tarbet said...

They are beautiful Jodi! I am so glad they are doing so well. I can't wait until you you are all home, and we can come see them. Love ya, and have fun with those little bundles of joy!

Cortney Chambers said...

i'm so glad i stumbled upon your blog to see these beautiful babies! congratulations & best of luck in the coming weeks!

Mosers said...

Hey.. I don't know if you remember me from High School, Heidi white...but Holly tells me how you are doing. I ran into your blog and thought I would congratulate you both! They are beautiful girls.. I am glad all has worked out well.. Congrats.

Allison said...

I'm blog stalking and had to leave a comment! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Jodi keeps me updated on how the babies and you are doing. I'm so excited for you and Bryant!!! Can't wait to hear that you've brought those two beautiful girls home!

Allison Rasmussen

McCandless Co. said...

Jodi, this is Bryant's cousin Linsey....I was blog stalking as well and I was wondering if you had had your babies yet.
They are darling little things, I am so happy for you both. Say hi to Bryant and good luck with them....I can't wait to see more pictures.

Aimee Sommer said...

congrats jodi! I love how you put brin as berklees middle name! way cute! they each have a piece of there sister!!! Im glad they are both growing and getting healthy! congrats again!

Becky said...

so glad that everything is going great. They are too precious!