Friday, August 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So my girls are already 5 weeks old, and the have spent all but one day of it in the hospital. Our doctor told us last Saturday that we could anticipate taking Berklee out of the hospital on Monday, but would have to leave Bailee in for a little while while she caught up. She was born a pound lighter than Berklee and was always a little behind Berklee in her progression. We knew it would probably be another week or two before Bailee would probably get to come home with us, and new that it was going to be extremely difficult having one baby in the NICU and one out. I swear that Twins can communicate because that very same day Bailee started meeting the criteria the NICU has for discharge. She started eating all of her meals from a bottle without having to have any of them pushed through her NG tube, and was having less frequent drops in her oxygen and heartrate, ( which she had been struggling with for weeks.) Sunday morning came and went and still her progression continued, our doctor told us that if she kept up the good work, she could possible leave in the morning with her sister. This was music to our ears. They say that 90 percent of the time twins leave the hospital at different times, but not my girls Bailee is really a fighter and was bound and determined not to get left there alone. We were discharged from the hospital Monday morning and now have been home for two days. Bailee did have to come home on a pulse oximeter to measure her oxygen and heart rate when she ate, with supplimental oxygen I could give her if I needed to, but both have done extremely well. As for me...I never knew what the word tired meant until these last two days. The girls eat every 3 hours and it seems as if I barely get done feeding, changing, and burping both of them and it is time to start over. I am so extremely happy to have them at home with me though and still can't beleive that these two perfect little angels are my daughters. Lassie- Bryant's mom- has been staying with us and it's a good thing because she has done laundry, cleaned bottles, and ran around cleaning up after us for the last two days. Otherwise I'm not sure what my house would look like today. I've been a little late on posting any pictures of the girls, so here are some random pictures of them in the hospital.







Berklee







Bailee






BEST FRIENDS





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so ADORABLE! I love how they just love to be close together!! I'm glad that you are all home and doing well! They are so cute, I just want to kiss both of them :) Congrats again!

Andrew and Haley said...

jodi! These are tooo precious. Congrats on being home-- I know from my recent experience with Bauer that I felt like I could love on him more and he could progress more in the spirit of his own home-- I was right and I'm hoping you're finding the same to be true! Take care and enjoy every minute with those darling sweethearts! Much Love!

Jyl... said...

They are so cute!! I can only imagine how tired you are. I'm tired and I only have one at a time!!! I'm glad to hear they are doing good and were able to come home. I can't wait to meet them some day!!! XOXOX

Unknown said...

jodi!! congrats they look like a bundle of fun and joy! i have to say so far i am loving girls myself! bryant looks like a proud dad and i'm sure now that they are finally home he's not going to let them out even after they turn 16!

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

They are so beautiful! Sleep when they sleep! You'll do a great job!

Cher said...

These pictures make me so happy. Congratulations, they are so precious. Hugs, Cher

Ty and Janene said...

Yah I found your blog so now I can keep up on the sweet babies. They are so cute hope your doing good and Bryant is changing lots of poopies